Saturday, December 31, 2016

Helping a Cat's Immune System

Helping a Cat's Immune SystemSince Scrufty has been healing from a severe infection, I have been helping her with her immune system. The vet said to put a pinch of vitamin C in her food. Even before I discovered Scrufty's extensive infection, I checked with our town’s pet store. They gave me a supplement which I have been using for all of our cats. It is called,

"Dr. H's Multi-Vitamin Mineral & Herbal Supplement for Cats"Here are the ingredients -Bee Pollen, spirulina, Lecithin, Nutritional Yeast, Garlic, Flax Seed Meal, Alfalfa Leaf, Kelp, Bilberry leaf, Chamomile Flowers, Oat Straw, Ginkgo Leaf, Dandelion Root, Burdock Root, Thyme Leaf, Papaya Leaf, Rosemary Leaf, Peppermint Leaf, Fennel Seed, Suma, Red Clover Blossoms, Milk Thistle Seeds, Rose Hips, Yellow Dock Root, Licorice Root, Ginger root, Fo Ti Root.

I've heard of every ingredient except the last one. All of the cats here will eat their normal wet food with approx. 1/2 teaspoon mixed in per one large can. None of them including Scrufty has ever rejected the food with this supplement. I am careful not to use too much at one time. I could probably use it at each feeding considering how little I put in. But I end up forgetting. So it usually goes into their food a few times each week.


for donations may click ads on this blog thanks.

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Helping a Cat's Immune System